(2020) (Maggie Q, Luke Hemsworth) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Horror: Not remembering what happened the night before, an American couple vacationing on an island off Thailand tries to piece together what happened after seeing a video of the husband apparently murdering and then burying the wife.
Christine (MAGGIE Christine) and Neil Oliver (LUKE HEMSWORTH) are an American couple vacationing on an island off Thailand at a small rental place run by American ex-pat, Samantha (ALEX ESSOE), who lives there with her young daughter. The couple wakes up on their last morning unable to remember the events from the night before but don't have time to retrace their steps as they're very late for their ferry off the island.
Missing that, along with their passports and now their luggage, they wait for the next ferry later in the day and try to piece together what happened. And what Neil finds on his phone is truly horrifying. And that's a video from the night before where the Americans were served mystery drinks by their waitress, Madee (INGKARAT (KAT) JARASWONGKOSOL), ended up affected by the hallucinogenic properties and then had sex outdoors. Followed by Neil seemingly murdering and then burying Christine.
But with her being very much alive, albeit with bruises on her neck and a brief bout of vomiting up dirt and grass, the couple can't believe the video evidence. From that point on, and enlisting the help of Samantha along with tattoo artist Kanda (KELLY BRONWEN JONES) to try to find Madee for answers, Christine and Neil try to figure out what's going on and what might next happen to them, especially with a typhoon bearing down on the island.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might show some interest, but that's probably it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, gore, sexual content and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.