(2020) (Camilla Mendes, Jessie T. Usher) (Not Rated)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A young couple must contend with unexpected developments when they inherit a large house owned by the woman's boss.
Four months after her husband, Adam Ketner (JESSIE T. USHER), stopped a gunman at the diner where she worked, Katie Franklin (CAMILA MENDES) now has a job -- placed by home care agency boss George Calvern (MICHAEL P. NORTHEY) -- working as the daytime caretaker for 88-year-old Leonard Wellesley (ELLIOTT GOULD) who lives alone in a big house in Chicago. He's quite fond of Katie -- in a grandfatherly way -- and offers to help them out financially, what with them deep in debt due to Adam's student loans. She declines the offer, but does manage to get Adam a job working at the house as the groundskeeper.
The house has also caught the eye of Mickey Hayden (CAM GIGANDET) who says he has a real estate client who'd like to buy the place, but Katie informs him it's not for sale. But when Leonard ends up dead, not only does Mickey show up again, but so does Det. Chesler (SASHA ALEXANDER) who becomes increasingly suspicious of the young couple, especially after lawyer Julia Byron Kim (JAMIE CHUNG) shows up out of the blue informing them that Leonard left everything to Katie.
With that, the discovery of nearly $100,000 in cash and more, Adam thinks they're now on easy street, all while Katie feels uneasy about their windfall, particularly as odd and troubling things continue to arise.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast or old-school domestic thrillers, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- While not rated by the MPAA, the film is the equivalent of a PG-13 due to the violence and some suggestive content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.