(2020) (Azhy Robertson, Gillian Jacobs) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: An invisible monster tries to use a mute autistic boy's electronic devices to kidnap and take him into another dimension.
Things aren't going well for young Oliver (AZHY ROBERTSON), a mute autistic boy. Not only does he have no friends and must contend with similar-aged bullies such as Byron (WINSLOW FEGLEY), Mateo (JAYDEN MARINE), and Zach (GAVIN MacIVER-WRIGHT), making fun of him having to communicate through a text to speech device, but he must also contend with his parents, Sarah (GILLIAN JACOBS) and Marty (JOHN GALLAGER JR.), splitting up.
Unsettled by all of that, he's easily spooked by odd noises at night. But now he has good reason to be as an invisible monster is trying to kidnap and take him into another dimension. Seemingly summoned when anyone reads a picture book named "Misunderstood Monsters" on any electronic device, "Larry" is a large, gangly monster that can only be seen through live camera shots on such devices, and with each subsequent continuation of the picture book, he gains greater access to this world. Initially unable to get anyone to believe him, Oliver must contend not only with that, but also with his world unraveling around him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into monster-based horror films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, frightening images, and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.