(2020) (Katie Holmes, Christopher Convery) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A family must contend with their son finding a doll that begins to show signs of supernatural behavior.
Liza (KATIE HOLMES) and Sean (OWAIN YEOMAN) are a regular married couple living in London with their young son, Jude (CHRISTOPHER CONVERY). That all changes when a home invasion turns violent, leaving Liza knocked out and Jude shell-shocked and now mute by what he saw. Five months later, he still isn't speaking, so Sean proposes they take time off and go stay in a remote country house in hopes of a fresh start.
While exploring the grounds, they find the now empty manor to which the guest house they're staying in belongs, while Jude discovers an old porcelain doll in the woods, only to be startled by the German Shepherd belonging to Joseph (RALPH INESON) who states he's the groundskeeper for the place.
Back at their house, Jude instantly bonds with the doll who he states is named Brahms, with Liza and Sean hoping it might help their son work through his issues. Instead, the doll starts influencing Jude's behavior, with Liza at times unsure of what she thinks she's experiencing is real or just one of her PTSD-based nightmares. But as the situation increasingly turns supernatural, Liza tries to figure out what's happening and how to protect their son from falling too far under the doll's dangerous spell.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into horror movies, especially those of the possessed doll variety.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, disturbing images and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.