(2020) (Sophie Lowe, Morgan Saylor) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: As two sisters try to cover up something bad that one of them has done, they uncover unsavory aspects of the small fishing town in which they live.
Sisters Priscilla (SOPHIE LOWE) and Mary Beth Connolly (MORGAN SAYLOR) have had their life upended in the small fishing town of Easter Cove, Maine. Their beloved mother, Mary Margaret, has died, leaving them to run the local fish store and facing the likelihood of losing their childhood home due to financial issues.
Things go from bad to worse when Mary Beth decides to accompany a newcomer, Gorski (EBON MOSS-BACHRACH), back to his place that night, only to learn he's a bad and possibly murderous sort. In self-defense, she ends up killing him and informs her sister of what she's just done. But instead of going to the local police duo of veteran cop Officer Coletti (SKIPP SUDDUTH) and his much younger partner, Officer Justin Brennan (WILL BRITTAIN), they decide to dispose of the body and pretend that nothing happened.
But when Mary Beth returns to his remote home to retrieve some incriminating evidence they accidentally left there, she finds a bag of money and takes it back home, figuring no one will miss it. Unbeknownst to them, that involves their late mother's dear friend, Enid Nora Devlin (MARGO MARTINDALE), who runs the local brothel where young prostitutes such as Alexis (GAYLE RANKIN) work. That's much to the collective chagrin of a trio of senior citizens -- Susie Gallagher (JUNE SQUIBB), Gail Maguire (ANNETTE O'TOOLE) and Doreen Burke (MARCELINE HUGOT) -- who want that place shut down.
With Enid becoming suspicious of the sisters, a body being discovered, and Officer Brennan wanting to figure out what's going on, Priscilla and Mary Beth try to keep their deed secret, all while uncovering unsavory aspects of their small town.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some older teens might be intrigued by the story (and the good reviews the film is receiving).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some violence, sexual material and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.