(2020) (Vin Diesel, Eiza González) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: Having been resurrected by a scientific team after he and his wife are murdered, a nano-technologically enhanced super soldier seeks out revenge on those responsible.
Ray Garrison (VIN DIESEL) is an elite member of the U.S. Armed Forces who's called upon to handle dangerous situations and he always gets the job done, although his wife, Gina (TALULAH RILEY), wonders how long his body can take the related abuse. Unfortunately for both, they end up abducted and murdered by a madman, with Ray then waking up in a scientific lab run by Dr. Emil Harting (GUY PEARCE).
Equipped with a bionic arm, Harting is working on a project to create seemingly indestructible super soldiers and has resurrected Ray as his proof of concept prototype. Ray, who suffers from amnesia, is startled by this news, but see that other soldiers have also benefited from Harting's work that's run by his nerdy tech guy, Eric (SIDDHARTH DHANANJAY).
Among those past wounded soldiers is KT (EIZA GONZALEZ), who now breaths through a high-tech piece of technology in her throat; Tibbs (ALEX HERNANDEZ) who was blinded in combat but now has enhanced vision from his implants; and Jimmy Dalton (SAM HEUGHAN), who lost his legs but can now run at super speeds due to his robotic replacements. KT works directly as Harting's assistant, while the other two are his henchmen who are tasked with tracking down Ray now that memories of those past murders have been triggered and he's escaped with revenge on his mind.
But once Ray is done, we then see that not all is as it initially appeared, with KT becoming increasingly concerned by Harting's motives, Dalton actively not liking Ray, and another inventor's tech guy, Wilfred Wigans (LAMORNE MORRIS), soon getting caught up in the unfolding situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into the comic book character, who are into sci-fi/action sort of movies, or are fans of anyone in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence, some suggestive material and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.