(2020) (Susan Sarandon, Kate Winslet) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Family members and a few others gather to spend a weekend with the matriarch who's decided to end her life before ALS robs her of complete control of her body.
It's a seemingly normal weekend at the coastal home of Lily (SUSAN SARANDON) and Paul Walker (SAM NEILL) who've invited their longtime friend, Liz (LINDSAY DUNCAN), and adult daughters Jennifer (KATE WINSLET) and Anna (MIA WASIKOWSKA) to gather for an important event.
All, including Jennifer's husband, Michael (RAINN WILSON), and their teenage son, Jonathan (ANSON BOON), along with Anna's on-again, off-again girlfriend, Chris (BEX TAYLOR-KLAUS), are fully aware of the reason for the get-together.
And that is that Lily is planning on committing suicide on Sunday evening due to having ALS, rapidly losing control of her body, and wanting to go out on her own terms. As the weekend proceeds and with the family members having varying and changing responses to the plan, various family issues come to the forefront, all of which serve to cloud the issue at hand and the decision that Lily has made.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The impressive cast might be a draw to some, but older teenagers seem the most likely audience of any kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some drug use and brief sexual material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.