(2020) (Margot Robbie, Ewan McGregor) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A sociopath ends up joining forces with several other women to save the life of a young girl targeted by a ruthless gangster.
- Having recently been dumped by her arch-villain boyfriend The Joker, Gotham bad-girl Harley Quinn (MARGOT ROBBIE) no longer is afforded the benefit of no one wanting to mess with her. And having made plenty of enemies over the past years, she's now the target of many of them, including long-time detective Renee Montoya (ROSIE PEREZ) who now feels free to arrest her. But before that happens, Harley ends up saved by Helena Bertinelli, a.k.a. The Huntress (MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD), a woman seeking revenge for those responsible for killing her mafia family when she was just a girl.
While certainly not the philanthropic type, Harley then pays it forward by giving some money to a young girl, Cassandra Cain (ELLA JAY BASCO), who she finds sitting in a stairwell while her step-parents verbally fight. Unbeknownst to Harley, the girl is a pickpocket and ends up stealing a long-lost diamond coveted by Gotham gangster Roman Sionis (EWAN McGREGOR) who's recently turned his nightclub singer, Dinah Lance, a.k.a. Black Canary (JURNEE SMOLLETT-BELL), into his personal driver after watching her more than ably defend an intoxicated Harley from two men.
Roman's sadistic right-hand goon, Victor Zsasz (CHRIS MESSINA), briefly has his hands on the gem, but then Cassandra steals it, gets arrested, and swallows the stone. Having been captured by Roman's men and facing death, Harley offers to find the girl and retrieve the diamond. All of which eventually leads to Harley, Helena, Dinah and then Renee joining forces to take on Roman's many goons, all to save Cassandra's life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Girls of various ages might be drawn to the anti-hero character of Harley Quinn (especially if they've seen her in "Suicide Squad").
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout, and some sexual and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.