(2020) (Margot Robbie, Ewan McGregor) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A sociopath ends up joining forces with several other women to save the life of a young girl targeted by a ruthless gangster.
- Having recently been dumped by her arch-villain boyfriend The Joker, Gotham bad-girl Harley Quinn (MARGOT ROBBIE) no longer is afforded the benefit of no one wanting to mess with her. And having made plenty of enemies over the past years, she's now the target of many of them, including long-time detective Renee Montoya (ROSIE PEREZ) who now feels free to arrest her. But before that happens, Harley ends up saved by Helena Bertinelli, a.k.a. The Huntress (MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD), a woman seeking revenge for those responsible for killing her mafia family when she was just a girl.
While certainly not the philanthropic type, Harley then pays it forward by giving some money to a young girl, Cassandra Cain (ELLA JAY BASCO), who she finds sitting in a stairwell while her step-parents verbally fight. Unbeknownst to Harley, the girl is a pickpocket and ends up stealing a long-lost diamond coveted by Gotham gangster Roman Sionis (EWAN McGREGOR) who's recently turned his nightclub singer, Dinah Lance, a.k.a. Black Canary (JURNEE SMOLLETT-BELL), into his personal driver after watching her more than ably defend an intoxicated Harley from two men.
Roman's sadistic right-hand goon, Victor Zsasz (CHRIS MESSINA), briefly has his hands on the gem, but then Cassandra steals it, gets arrested, and swallows the stone. Having been captured by Roman's men and facing death, Harley offers to find the girl and retrieve the diamond. All of which eventually leads to Harley, Helena, Dinah and then Renee joining forces to take on Roman's many goons, all to save Cassandra's life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Girls of various ages might be drawn to the anti-hero character of Harley Quinn (especially if they've seen her in "Suicide Squad").
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout, and some sexual and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.