(2020) (Ferdia Shaw, Lara McDonnell) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy/Adventure: A 12-year-old prodigy tries to rescue his kidnapped father by manipulating mythical beings of the underworld to find a powerful device that he can use in exchange for his dad's freedom.
12-year-old Artemis Fowl (FERDIA SHAW) lives in a large seaside manor in Ireland with his widowed father, Artemis Fowl Sr. (COLIN FARRELL), and his bodyguard, Domovoi Butler (NONSO ANOZIE). Despite being an ultra-intelligent prodigy, Artemis has no idea what his father does for a living, except that he's often gone from home for long periods of time.
When Artemis Sr. ends up never disappearing on one of those trips and named by the press as being the chief suspect in a series of high profile museum thefts, Artemis realizes he must find his father and clear his name. He gets his first clue via a call from Opal Koboi (HONG CHAU) who says he's kidnapped his father and Artemis has just three days to find a powerful, portal-opening device known as the Aculos to exchange for his father's release.
With Domovoi having called in his 12-year-old niece, Juliet (TAMARA SMART), to help, Artemis realizes the only solution is to summon mythical beings his father taught him about over the years to help. He gets his break when fairy Commander Root (JUDI DENCH) sends fairy officer Holly Short (LARA McDONNELL) to the surface to capture an escaped troll.
Completing that, she stays there to try to clear her late father's name, all of which results in Artemis and Domovoi capturing her and using her as bait to get Root and Chief Tech Officer Foaly (NIKESH PATEL) to send rescue forces. But his real intent is to have them send in Mulch Diggums (JOSH GAD), an oversized dwarf with a penchant for stealing things. Hoping to use him to find the Aculos, Artemis races against time to save his father.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the book series of the same name, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For fantasy action/peril and some rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.