(2020) (Timothée Chalamet, Elle Fanning) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A college student becomes increasingly anxious and dismayed when his planned day in Manhattan with his college girlfriend keeps getting delayed.
Gatsby Wells (TIMOTHÉE CHALAMET) and Ashleigh Enright (ELLE FANNING) are romantically involved students at Yardley College. When she gets the chance to interview famous movie director Roland Pollard (LIEV SCHREIBER) in Manhattan for the school paper, Gatsby decides they should make a fun weekend of it in the Big Apple.
With her interview turning into a private screening of Roland's latest film -- that he despises -- with the screenwriter, Ted Davidoff (JUE LAW), Gatsby has time to kill and ends up briefly appearing in a kissing scene with his former girlfriend's now grown-up younger sister, Chan (SELENA GOMEZ), in a low-budget film being shot by their mutual friend.
With Roland flying the coop and going off on a bender, Ashleigh and Ted go looking for him, only to discover that his wife, Connie (REBECCA HALL), is having an affair. He ends up sending her to the studio to search for Roland and it's there that she meets dashing young actor Francisco Vega (DIEGO LUNA), with both ending up smitten with each other.
With Ashleigh ending up MIA, Gatsby resorts to hiring an escort, Terry (KELLY ROHRBACH), to pretend to be Ashleigh at a party being thrown by his wealthy parents (CHERRY JONES and JONATHAN HOGAN). As the day wears on, it's unclear how all of the developments will affect Gatsby and Ashleigh's relationship.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The two leads might draw in some of their fans.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature suggestive content, some drug use, smoking, language and partial nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.