(2020) (Kodi Smit-McPhee, Ryan Kwanten) (Not Rated)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: An ordinary man travels four-hundred years into the future to find out who's summoned him there and if there's a solution to present-day Earth's dire environmental state.
It's the year 2067 and Ethan Whyte (KODI SMIT-MCPHEE) is a young man living in a world ravaged by climate change to the point that everyone must wear oxygen masks outside due to the bad air and all of the plants having died. Married to Xanthe (SANA'A SHAIK) who's ill from "The Sickness," Ethan works with his friend and surrogate father-figure, Jude Mathers (RYAN KWANTEN), repairing systems that provide their city with electricity.
To his shock, he's summoned to Chronicorp -- where his late father, Richard (AARON GLENANE), a scientist, once worked -- to meet the synthetic oxygen company's CTO, Regina Jackson (DEBORAH MAILMAN). She informs him that they've created a time machine that's sent radio waves 400 years into the future, with the reply reading "Send Ethan Whyte."
Regina, Jude, and Xanthe encourage him that he must travel to that time to find a solution to Earth's problem that will soon result in a mass extinction event of humans. He's reluctant, what with Xanthe being sick and not wanting to leave her with the possibility of being unable to return, but eventually agrees.
When he arrives in the year 2474, he must figure out and find who sent the message and then see if there truly is an answer to the problem before it's too late for everyone back in the past.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into sci-fi type movies (especially time travel ones) might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- Not Rated, but the equivalent of an R due to profanity and violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.