(2019) (Cate Blanchett, Emma Nelson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A once-famous architect turned misanthrope's behavior affects her relationship with her husband and their teen daughter.
- Bernadette Fox (CATE BLANCHETT) was once a world-famous architect heralded for her imaginative designs. But following the actions of one of her clients, she had a break-down, turned into a misanthrope, and now lives in a run-down fixer-upper in Seattle with her software designer husband, Elgin Branch (BILLY CRUDUP), and their teenage daughter, Bee (EMMA NELSON). Her neighbors, such as Audrey (KRISTEN WIIG) and Soo-Lin (ZOE CHAO), gossip about her, and while she still has a good relationship with Bee, her marriage is becoming increasingly strained.
That worsens when Bee wants the family to go to Antarctica, something Bernadette really doesn't want to do. And when her actions further strain her interactions with Audrey, Elgin eventually turns to psychiatrist Dr. Kurtz (JUDY GREER) for help. With the trip quickly approaching, things eventually come to a head, with it unclear whether Bernadette will ever find her calling again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might show some interest, but probably only if they're fans of someone in the cast or the book on which this is based.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.