(2019) (Cate Blanchett, Emma Nelson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A once-famous architect turned misanthrope's behavior affects her relationship with her husband and their teen daughter.
- Bernadette Fox (CATE BLANCHETT) was once a world-famous architect heralded for her imaginative designs. But following the actions of one of her clients, she had a break-down, turned into a misanthrope, and now lives in a run-down fixer-upper in Seattle with her software designer husband, Elgin Branch (BILLY CRUDUP), and their teenage daughter, Bee (EMMA NELSON). Her neighbors, such as Audrey (KRISTEN WIIG) and Soo-Lin (ZOE CHAO), gossip about her, and while she still has a good relationship with Bee, her marriage is becoming increasingly strained.
That worsens when Bee wants the family to go to Antarctica, something Bernadette really doesn't want to do. And when her actions further strain her interactions with Audrey, Elgin eventually turns to psychiatrist Dr. Kurtz (JUDY GREER) for help. With the trip quickly approaching, things eventually come to a head, with it unclear whether Bernadette will ever find her calling again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might show some interest, but probably only if they're fans of someone in the cast or the book on which this is based.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.