(2019) (Taraji P. Henson, Tracy Morgan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A career woman working in the male-dominated field of sports agents can suddenly hear the thoughts of men and uses this ability to her advantage.
- Ali Davis (TARAJI P. HENSON) is trying to make it in the male-dominated field of sports agents, but she keeps getting passed over for promotion. She thinks it's because she is a woman. But it's clear that she doesn't know much about how the male mind and ego works. She has a lot of support from her faithful assistant; Brandon (JOSH BRENER); his office crush (PETE DAVIDSON); her father, Skip (RICHARD ROUNDTREE); and her trio of best friends, Ciarra (PHOEBE ROBINSON), Olivia (WENDI-McLENDON-CLOVEY), and Mari (TAMALA JONES). But she just can't seem to break through.
Then, at Ciarra's bachelorette party, Ali drinks a mysterious tea brewed by a psychic-for-hire, Sister (ERYKAH BADU). At a dance club, she stumbles and hits her head hard on the club's bar. When she regains consciousness, she discovers that she now has the ability to read men's minds. After initially being freaked out by this power, she decides to use it to impress her boss, Nick Ivers (BRIAN BOSWORTH); one-up her male colleagues Kevin (MAX GREENFIELD), Eddie (CHRIS WITASKE), and John (JASON JONES); and win over Jamal Barry (SHANE PAUL McGHIE), a high-school basketball star on the verge of being the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft.
But first, she has to win over his domineering father, Joe (TRACY MORGAN), who is looking to control all aspects of his son's life and career. At the same time, she has started up a romance with a bartender named Will (ALDIS HODGE), who is also a widower and a single father to a six-year-old boy. Things start to go awry when she poses Will and his son as her husband and child to impress family-first Joe.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to its premise, R rating, and various sports celebrity cameos.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and sexual content throughout, and some drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.