(2019) (Adam Sandler, Julia Fox) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Trying to pay off debts, a hustler who runs a high-end New York City jewelry store takes risks that threaten to put him in even more dire financial straits.
- Howard Ratner (ADAM SANDLER) runs a high-end jewelry store in New York City where, thanks to introductions made for him by Demany (LAKEITH STANFIELD), he caters to wealthy celebrities such as NBA star Kevin Garnett (KEVIN GARNETT). But being a hustler, Howard is deep in debt, including to his brother-in-law, Aron (ERIC BOGOSIAN), whose goons are repeatedly threatening him to pay up. And things aren't any better at home, what with a pending divorce from his wife, Dinah (IDINA MENZEL), who's had enough of his behavior that includes having a girlfriend, Julia (JULIA FOX), one of his employees, on the side.
But having just received a stone from an African mine that contains gems that could be worth a million dollars, Howard thinks he'll hit the motherload at an upcoming auction. But with Kevin wanting to borrow it as a good luck charm for his games, Howard suddenly finds himself having to run some side hustles in order to get money to pay off debts, all while trying to juggle his wife, girlfriend, and others.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be interested, especially if they're a fan of Adam Sandler.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive strong language, violence, some sexual content and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.