(2019) (voices of Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy/Musical: A number of unwanted, imperfect dolls set out for the real world where one hopes to become the perfect toy for a human child.
- In the small remote village of Uglyville, the various dolls who live there -- including Mayor Ox (voice of BLAKE SHELTON) -- embrace their imperfections and even the word "ugly" as something positive and special and welcome new similar toys that fall from the sky to join them.
Yet, one such toy, Moxy (voice of KELLY CLARKSON), yearns for the real world and having a human child view her as their perfect toy. Accordingly, she manages to convince her friends that include Ugly Dog (voice of PITBULL), Wage (voice of WANDA SYKES), Babo (voice of GABRIEL IGLESIAS) and Lucky Bat (voice of WANG LEEHOM) to join her in climbing up a steep cliff to get to the chute from where they all originally came.
After accomplishing that, they find themselves at the Institute of Perfection, a school of sorts run by Lou (voice of NICK JONAS) where toys are groomed to be the best of the best, including having to pass the simulated world Gauntlet Challenge. Lou is initially taken aback by the sight of the imperfect dolls, as is his trio of mean girls, Kitty (voice of CHARLI XCX), Tuesday (voice of BEBE REXHA), Lydia (voice of LIZZO).
Unlike another doll there, Mandy (voice of JANELLE MONAE), who tries to hide her imperfection of needing glasses while befriending Moxy and her friends, Lou, and his sycophants set out to mock and ridicule the outsiders before sending them off to be recycled. Undeterred, Moxy and her friends prepare for the Gauntlet Challenge.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many younger ones will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements and brief action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.