(2019) (voices of Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy/Musical: A number of unwanted, imperfect dolls set out for the real world where one hopes to become the perfect toy for a human child.
- In the small remote village of Uglyville, the various dolls who live there -- including Mayor Ox (voice of BLAKE SHELTON) -- embrace their imperfections and even the word "ugly" as something positive and special and welcome new similar toys that fall from the sky to join them.
Yet, one such toy, Moxy (voice of KELLY CLARKSON), yearns for the real world and having a human child view her as their perfect toy. Accordingly, she manages to convince her friends that include Ugly Dog (voice of PITBULL), Wage (voice of WANDA SYKES), Babo (voice of GABRIEL IGLESIAS) and Lucky Bat (voice of WANG LEEHOM) to join her in climbing up a steep cliff to get to the chute from where they all originally came.
After accomplishing that, they find themselves at the Institute of Perfection, a school of sorts run by Lou (voice of NICK JONAS) where toys are groomed to be the best of the best, including having to pass the simulated world Gauntlet Challenge. Lou is initially taken aback by the sight of the imperfect dolls, as is his trio of mean girls, Kitty (voice of CHARLI XCX), Tuesday (voice of BEBE REXHA), Lydia (voice of LIZZO).
Unlike another doll there, Mandy (voice of JANELLE MONAE), who tries to hide her imperfection of needing glasses while befriending Moxy and her friends, Lou, and his sycophants set out to mock and ridicule the outsiders before sending them off to be recycled. Undeterred, Moxy and her friends prepare for the Gauntlet Challenge.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many younger ones will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements and brief action.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.