(2019) (voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen) (G)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: A group of toys that come to life whenever humans aren't around try to find their human girl's favorite new toy that's flown the coop, all while dealing with a doll and her ventriloquist dummy henchmen who want something from the toys' leader.
- Having been given to another child by their previous owner who's grown up and gone off to college, various sentient toys that come to life whenever humans aren't around are still adjusting to young Bonnie (voice of MADELEINE McGRAW). She's about to start kindergarten and thus cowboy toy Woody (voice of TOM HANKS), despite no longer being the favorite toy of the bunch, thinks someone should go along and comfort her.
Accordingly, he sneaks off in her backpack and watches as she creates a new toy, Forky (voice of TONY HALE), out of a spork and various odds and ends. Being new to the world, Forky doesn't know what's going on but senses his place is in the trash and thus repeatedly tries to get into trash cans and such.
When Bonnie's parents head off on an RV road trip, Bonnie takes along all of her toys, but when Forky flies the coop out the window, Woody jumps out after him. They then hit the road for the RV camp that happens to be next to a small town. There, something in an antique story reminds Woody of his former toy friend, Bo Peep (voice of ANNIE POTTS), and he and Forky enter the place only to encounter baby doll Gabby Gabby (voice of CHRISTINA HENDRICKS) and her small contingent of huge ventriloquist dummy goons.
Seeing that Woody has a fully functional pull-string voice box, Gabby Gabby decides she wants that to replace her defective one, all to fix her defect and thus have the shop owner's granddaughter take her as her toy. Woody manages to escape, but with Forky held hostage, he and his array of friends -- that include space ranger toy Buzz Lightyear (voice of TIM ALLEN) and Jessie the cowgirl (voice of JOAN CUSACK) among others -- set out on a rescue mission.
They end up running into Bo and her friend Giggle McDimples (voice of ALLY MAKI) who offer to help, as does Canadian stuntman figure Duke Caboom (voice of KEANU REEVES) as well as plush carnival toys Ducky (voice of KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY) and Bunny (voice of JORDAN PEELE). But with Bonnie's parents getting ready to leave the RV park to continue on their travels, the various toys race against time to rescue Forky, all while contending with Gabby Gabby and her ventriloquist dummy goons.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: G
- For not containing material to warrant a higher rating.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.