(2019) (Kevin Hart, Bryan Cranston) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A paralyzed multi-millionaire forms an unlikely friendship with the ex-con he hires to be his caregiver.
- Phillip (BRYAN CRANSTON) is a multi-millionaire entrepreneur and author who became paralyzed a few years earlier due to a paragliding accident. A widower with no kids, he spends his days surrounded by the enormous wealth he accumulated in his previous life. He looks forward only to that moment in his life when he might succumb to his condition and his staff must fulfill his Do Not Resuscitate order.
He is particularly hard on caregivers, many of whom have come and gone. During his latest round of interviews, though, he becomes intrigued by an ex-con named Dell (KEVIN HART), who has wandered in off the street thinking he is applying for a janitorial position. Despite the misgivings and protests of his loyal business assistant, Yvonne (NICOLE KIDMAN), he hires Dell even though he has no experience caring for a man in his condition.
Philip begins to see the potential in the quick-thinking, straight-shooting Dell, who has a long rap sheet of mostly petty, non-violent crimes. Dell, in turn, starts to revive Philip's lost sense of play and zest for life. As he does so, he starts to become a responsible man able to pay child support to his ex-wife, Latrice (AJA NAOMI KING), and son, Anthony (JAHI DI'ALLO WINSTON). But that all becomes threatened when Philip has a disastrous first date with Lily (JULIANNA MARGULIES), a woman who's been his pen pal for months who Dell convinces him to meet in person.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its PG-13 rating and Kevin Hart's star appeal.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For suggestive content and drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.