(2019) (Taylor Schilling, Jackson Robert Scott) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A couple must contend with the possibility that the reincarnated soul of a serial killer might be inside their eight-year-old son's body.
- For Sarah (TAYLOR SCHILLING) and John Bloom (PETER MOONEY), they've gotten used to their 8-year-old son, Miles (JACKSON ROBERT SCOTT), being intellectually advanced for his age. But when he starts acts oddly at night -- including speaking in a foreign language in his sleep -- and then attacks a classmate with a large plumber's wrench, they enlist the aid of child psychologist Elaine Strasser (PAULA BOUDREAU) to find out what's wrong. And with the help of specialist Arthur Jacobson (COLM FEORE), an unsettling possibility arises -- that Miles might have a reincarnated soul sharing his body and wanting to return to resolve some unfinished business.
Little do they initially realize that it's that of serial killer Edward Scarka (PAUL FAUTEUX) who was shot dead almost at the same time as Miles was born, all due to one of his victims, Margaret St. James (BRITTANY ALLEN), managing to escape. As Sarah and John initially dismiss and then try to come to grips with the fact that their son might be battling a reincarnated soul that wants control of his body, they must contend with the dangers that Miles presents to them and others.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into possession-based horror films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, disturbing and bloody images, a sexual reference and brief graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.