(2019) (Taylor Schilling, Jackson Robert Scott) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A couple must contend with the possibility that the reincarnated soul of a serial killer might be inside their eight-year-old son's body.
- For Sarah (TAYLOR SCHILLING) and John Bloom (PETER MOONEY), they've gotten used to their 8-year-old son, Miles (JACKSON ROBERT SCOTT), being intellectually advanced for his age. But when he starts acts oddly at night -- including speaking in a foreign language in his sleep -- and then attacks a classmate with a large plumber's wrench, they enlist the aid of child psychologist Elaine Strasser (PAULA BOUDREAU) to find out what's wrong. And with the help of specialist Arthur Jacobson (COLM FEORE), an unsettling possibility arises -- that Miles might have a reincarnated soul sharing his body and wanting to return to resolve some unfinished business.
Little do they initially realize that it's that of serial killer Edward Scarka (PAUL FAUTEUX) who was shot dead almost at the same time as Miles was born, all due to one of his victims, Margaret St. James (BRITTANY ALLEN), managing to escape. As Sarah and John initially dismiss and then try to come to grips with the fact that their son might be battling a reincarnated soul that wants control of his body, they must contend with the dangers that Miles presents to them and others.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into possession-based horror films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, disturbing and bloody images, a sexual reference and brief graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.