(2019) (Shia LaBeouf, Zack Gottsagen) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A desperate man on the run ends up taking care of and then bonding with a young man with Down Syndrome who simply wants to attend a professional wrestling school.
- Zak (ZACK GOTTSAGEN) is a young man with Down Syndrome who's lived in a senior citizen facility for the past two and a half years with his elderly roommate, Carl (BRUCE DERN). Zak was placed there under the care of Eleanor (DAKOTA JOHNSON) due to having no family, but all he wants is to get out so that he can attend wrestling school taught by his professional wrestling idol, Clint, a.k.a. The Saltwater Redneck (THOMAS HADEN CHURCH).
He finally manages to escape and ends up hiding in a small boat owned by Tyler (SHIA LaBEOUF), a desperate man looking for work and who's resorted to stealing crabs from others' traps. That doesn't sit well with Duncan (JOHN HAWKES) and Ratboy (YELAWOLF) who beat him up and then later give chase when he sets their traps on fire. He manages to elude them, but is surprised to find Zak along for the ride, and while he initially wants nothing to do with him, memories of his bond with his late brother, plus seeing Zak having to contend with bullies making fun of his condition softens up Tyler's stance.
And when he has a run-in with Eleanor and learns that Zak is on the lam just like him, the two end up as kindred spirits. From that point on, and while Eleanor tries to find Zak and Duncan and Ratboy try to find and get their revenge on Tyler, he promises to get Zak to that wrestling school while on his way to Florida.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested in it, while having a major character with Down Syndrome might prove enticing for people with the same.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content, language throughout, some violence and smoking.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.