(2019) (Matthias Schoenaerts, Bruce Dern) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A long-term prisoner finds a kindred spirit in the form of a wild mustang he's supposed to help tame.
- Roman Coleman (MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS) has been in prison for the past twelve years and has just been transferred to a new facility in Nevada. There, a psychiatrist tries to figure out his state of mind, but he's a man of few words, even if that's toward his pregnant teenage daughter, Martha (GIDEON ADLON), who wants him to sign her emancipation papers. He ends up working in a program where his prison has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management to tame captured wild stallions to make them saleable at auction.
Taught the ropes by fellow prisoner Henry (JASON MITCHELL) and under the watchful eye of Myles (BRUCE DERN) who runs the program, Roman ends up assigned to one such horse that seems unbreakable. Yet, Roman perseveres and finds something of a kindred spirit in the mustang, all while having to deal with his imprisonment, usual prison events, and his estranged relationship with his daughter.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're into horses or are fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some violence and drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.