(2019) (voices of Donald Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Musical/Drama: After being scared away by his treacherous uncle, a young lion must decide whether to return to his home and fight for his position as king of the animals.
- Born to King Mufasa (voice of JAMES EARL JONES) and Queen Sarabi (voice of ALFRE WOODARD), young lion cub Simba (voice of JD McCRARY) is the heir to the throne as king of the animals in the Pride Lands. While he enjoys playing with fellow cub Nala (voice of SHAHADI WRIGHT JOSEPH), he really wants to be like his dad, but is unaware of the disdain both he and Mufasa receive from the latter's brother, Scar (voice of CHIWETEL EJIOFOR). Knowing that if he can get rid of the father and son he'll inherit the throne, Scar ends up conspiring with the hyena queen, Shenzi (voice of FLORENCE KASUMBA), to make that happen, despite the best efforts of Zazu the hornbill (voice of JOHN OLIVER) to keep the cub safe.
Following a planned tragedy, Scar lays enough of a guilt trip on Simba that he runs off and ends up in the desert where he's discovered and befriended by the comedy duo of Pumbaa (voice of SETH ROGEN) the warthog and Timon (voice of BILLY EICHNER) the meerkat. Those two quickly teach the young cub about the no worries lifestyle of "Hakuna Matata" and it's not long before Simba (voice of DONALD GLOVER) is a carefree young lion with nary a worry in the world.
But back in the Pride Lands, Scar and the hyenas have turned the place into an apocalypse of sorts where nature is out of balance and the animals that are left have lost nearly all hope. That is, except for Nala (voice of BEYONCE) who manages to sneak off to try to find help. When she happens upon Simba, she tries to convince him to return home and take on Scar for his rightful place on the throne.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For sequences of violence and peril, and some thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.