(2019) (voices of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: A cheerful LEGO figure sets out to rescue his friends who've been kidnapped by their shape-shifting enemy.
- Everything was once awesome in the LEGO city of Bricksburg, but ever since the human boy Finn (JADON SAND) allowed his younger sister Bianca (BROOKLYNN PRINCE) to play with his toys, things have gone downhill in the simultaneous LEGO universe. With alien invaders repeatedly attacking and destroying Bricksburg, it's now become a post-apocalyptic place known as Apocalypseburg. While everyone there has adapted into their Road Warrior-esqe life -- including one of its master builders, Lucy (voice of ELIZABETH BANKS), a.k.a. Wyldstyle -- its unlikely hero from the first film, Emmet Brickowoski (voice of CHRIS PRATT) -- remains as upbeat and cheerful as before.
Things change when another alien invasion occurs and General Sweet Mayhem (voice of STEPHANIE BEATRIZ) of the Systar System arrives and kidnaps not only Lucy, but also Batman (voice of WILL ARNETT), Unikitty (voice of ALISON BRIE), Benny (voice of CHARLIE DAY), and MetalBeard (voice of NICK OFFERMAN). And that's all so that the General's leader, Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi (voice of TIFFANY HADDISH), can marry Batman who's initially against the idea but then sort of digs it.
Realizing he needs to rescue his friends, Emmet turns the home he had built for him and Lucy into a spaceship of sorts and takes flight. But he ends up needing rescuing himself from an asteroid field by Rex Dangervest (voice of CHRIS PRATT), a space archaeologist, cowboy and raptor trainer. With Emmet taking Lucy's previous advice that he needs to harden up, he starts modeling his actions after Rex as they arrive in the Queen's world and set out to stop the wedding from happening.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will, especially if they've liked any of the previous LEGO movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.