(2019) (voices of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: A cheerful LEGO figure sets out to rescue his friends who've been kidnapped by their shape-shifting enemy.
- Everything was once awesome in the LEGO city of Bricksburg, but ever since the human boy Finn (JADON SAND) allowed his younger sister Bianca (BROOKLYNN PRINCE) to play with his toys, things have gone downhill in the simultaneous LEGO universe. With alien invaders repeatedly attacking and destroying Bricksburg, it's now become a post-apocalyptic place known as Apocalypseburg. While everyone there has adapted into their Road Warrior-esqe life -- including one of its master builders, Lucy (voice of ELIZABETH BANKS), a.k.a. Wyldstyle -- its unlikely hero from the first film, Emmet Brickowoski (voice of CHRIS PRATT) -- remains as upbeat and cheerful as before.
Things change when another alien invasion occurs and General Sweet Mayhem (voice of STEPHANIE BEATRIZ) of the Systar System arrives and kidnaps not only Lucy, but also Batman (voice of WILL ARNETT), Unikitty (voice of ALISON BRIE), Benny (voice of CHARLIE DAY), and MetalBeard (voice of NICK OFFERMAN). And that's all so that the General's leader, Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi (voice of TIFFANY HADDISH), can marry Batman who's initially against the idea but then sort of digs it.
Realizing he needs to rescue his friends, Emmet turns the home he had built for him and Lucy into a spaceship of sorts and takes flight. But he ends up needing rescuing himself from an asteroid field by Rex Dangervest (voice of CHRIS PRATT), a space archaeologist, cowboy and raptor trainer. With Emmet taking Lucy's previous advice that he needs to harden up, he starts modeling his actions after Rex as they arrive in the Queen's world and set out to stop the wedding from happening.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will, especially if they've liked any of the previous LEGO movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.