(2019) (Michael Ealy, Meagan Good) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: After moving into an old house in Napa Valley, a young couple realizes the former owner isn't ready to give up the place.
- Scott (MICHAEL EALY) and Annie Russell (MEAGAN GOOD) are looking for a new place to live and raise their future family and thus decide to move out of San Francisco to Napa Valley. And they believe they've found the idyllic place in an old house set deep in the woods. After getting a tour by the owner, widower Charlie Peck (DENNIS QUAID), who's lived there his entire life but is planning to move to Florida to live with his daughter, the couple buys the place.
But they're somewhat surprised when they discover Charlie mowing the grass one day after they've moved in, and when Annie invites him to join them and their friends Mike (JOSEPH SIKORA) and Rachel (ALVINA AUGUST) for Thanksgiving, Mike -- who works with Scott -- comes to the conclusion that Charlie isn't ready to give up the place. From that point on, and with Charlie repeatedly showing up for a variety of reasons, Scott's suspicions that Mike's assessment is correct continue to grow, as does his concern that the man might end up being much worse than just an uninvited guest.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens might have a passing interest in it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, terror, some sexuality, language and thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.