(2019) (Helen Mirren, Ian McKellen) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An older woman begins dating an older man, seemingly unaware that he's really only after her money.
- On the surface, Betty McLeish (HELEN MIRREN) and Roy Courtnay (IAN McKELLEN) seem like a cute, much older couple that has met through online dating where their profiles contained seemingly minor and self-protective white lies. According to Betty's overprotective young adult grandson, Steven (RUSSELL TOVEY), she's a former professor who taught at Oxford, while Roy is still dabbling in financial investments with his business partner, Vincent (JIM CARTER).
But little does Betty seem to know that Roy is a con man who's fleeced others for huge sums of money and has now set his sights on her, something Steven apparently senses, what with his distrust in the man and his motives. Not believing that and brushing it aside, Betty continues to see Roy who does seem to enjoy the time he spends with her. As their relationship evolves, however, that fondness, like everything else about Roy, could either be genuine or just another of his ploys as he gets closer to gaining control of her life savings.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some strong violence, and for language and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.