(2019) (Bill Murray, Adam Driver) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy/Horror: Residents of a small town must contend with a zombie outbreak.
- In the town of Centerville, the population is 738, meaning local cops Cliff Robertson (BILL MURRAY) and Ronnie Peterson (ADAM DRIVER) don't have to do much beyond checking into allegations from Farmer Miller (STEVE BUSCEMI) that a homeless man, Hermit Bob (TOM WAITS), stole some of his chickens. Even the kids at a detention center, such as young Olivia (TALIYAH WHITAKER), are generally well-behaved.
But things start getting weird when communications start glitching and then the sun doesn't set at the right time, the result -- it turns out -- of polar fracking. That also has the unexpected side effect of the dead coming back to life, something local man Hank Thompson (DANNY GLOVER) is the first to discover in the local diner upon finding the grisly remains of the two women who work there.
Ronnie is quick to ascertain that's the work of zombies and that he, Cliff and their third cop partner, Mindy Morrison (CHLOE SEVIGNY), must alert both the locals, such as convenience store owner Bobby Wiggins (CALEB LANDRY JONES) as well as tourists such as Zoe (SELENA GOMEZ) and her two male friends who are staying at the local motel run by Danny (LARRY FESSENDEN).
Realizing the only way to kill the zombies is by blowing off their heads or by decapitating them -- something new mortician Zelda Winston (TILDA SWINTON) is quite adept at with her samurai sword -- the cops try to kill off the growing number of undead in their town.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into zombie movies or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For zombie violence/gore, and for language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.