(2019) (Bill Murray, Adam Driver) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy/Horror: Residents of a small town must contend with a zombie outbreak.
- In the town of Centerville, the population is 738, meaning local cops Cliff Robertson (BILL MURRAY) and Ronnie Peterson (ADAM DRIVER) don't have to do much beyond checking into allegations from Farmer Miller (STEVE BUSCEMI) that a homeless man, Hermit Bob (TOM WAITS), stole some of his chickens. Even the kids at a detention center, such as young Olivia (TALIYAH WHITAKER), are generally well-behaved.
But things start getting weird when communications start glitching and then the sun doesn't set at the right time, the result -- it turns out -- of polar fracking. That also has the unexpected side effect of the dead coming back to life, something local man Hank Thompson (DANNY GLOVER) is the first to discover in the local diner upon finding the grisly remains of the two women who work there.
Ronnie is quick to ascertain that's the work of zombies and that he, Cliff and their third cop partner, Mindy Morrison (CHLOE SEVIGNY), must alert both the locals, such as convenience store owner Bobby Wiggins (CALEB LANDRY JONES) as well as tourists such as Zoe (SELENA GOMEZ) and her two male friends who are staying at the local motel run by Danny (LARRY FESSENDEN).
Realizing the only way to kill the zombies is by blowing off their heads or by decapitating them -- something new mortician Zelda Winston (TILDA SWINTON) is quite adept at with her samurai sword -- the cops try to kill off the growing number of undead in their town.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into zombie movies or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For zombie violence/gore, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.