(2019) (Milo Ventimiglia, Kevin Costner) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A pet dog witnesses the ups and downs of his human family's lives.
- Denny Swift (MILO VENTIMIGLIA) is an aspiring big-time professional race car driver who's single when he adopts a puppy that he names after the founder of Ferrari. But Enzo (voice of KEVIN COSTNER) isn't an ordinary dog as he thinks like a human, something he aspires to become when his time on Earth is up (we hear his voice-over narration, but no one else does). He initially has Denny all to himself and loves everything race-related, but must eventually share him with Eve (AMANDA SEYFRIED) and then their daughter, Zoe (RYAN KIERA ARMSTRONG), who grows up over the intervening years.
As Denny moves his way up through the racing circuit, he's often away from home for long stretches of time, something that doesn't sit well with Eve's wealthy parents, Trish (KATHY BAKER) and Maxwell (MARTIN DONOVAN). But they end up having greater things to worry about when an unexpected medical condition shows up. From that point on, Enzo tries his best to support Denny, all as additional complications arise.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The talking dog angle might draw in some kids, but all of that only takes place inside the dog's head.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.