(2019) (voices of Jason Sudeikis, Leslie Jones) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: Two former enemies join forces to stop an outsider from destroying their respective islands.
- On Bird Island, Red (JASON SUDEIKIS) -- once an outcast with anger issues -- is viewed as a hero, what with having stopped the leader of Piggy Island, Leonard (BILL HADER), from eating their young. Now the denizens of both islands simply hurl various sorts of pranks back and forth between their islands in forms of mild aggression. But with huge balls of ice being hurled at his from a previously unknown third island, Leonard wants a true with Red so that they can deal with the matter at hand.
And that is Zeta (LESLIE JONES), an eagle who lives on an icy island with her daughter, Debbie (TIFFANY HADDISH), and desires to take over the two islands to be her pleasure playgrounds. Part of her issues stem from the fact that Mighty Eagle (PETER DINKLAGE) jilted her at the altar many years ago, and thus he wants no plan of joining a joint bird and pig team to deal with the increasing ice ball attacks. But Red's good friends Bomb (DANNY McBRIDE) and Chuck (JOSH GAD) are certainly game, with the latter calling in his brainiac sister, Silver (RACHEL BLOOM), for help with logistics. On Leonard's side he has the assistance of Courtney (AWKWAFINA) and gadgets expert Garry (STERLING K. BROWN).
They'll need all the help they can get as Zeta has ordered her beleaguered engineer, Glenn (EUGENIO DERBEZ), to fill those ice balls with molten lava, all to scare off the inhabitants of both islands that she wants to make hers.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or the game on which it's based, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.