(2019) (Kumail Nanjiani, Dave Bautista) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Comedy: A mild-mannered Uber driver ends up at his wits' ends when he's essentially car-jacked by a cop who's trying to catch a dangerous criminal but is temporarily visually impaired.
- Stu (KUMAIL NANJIANI) is a mild-mannered guy who works two jobs in Los Angeles -- one in a big box sports store where his boss is Richie (JIMMY TATRO), the second as an Uber driver. He's also investing in a spin cycle gym run by his friend, Becca (BETTY GILPIN), who he slept with once and for whom he has confusing and unresolved romantic feelings.
While hoping to get to her place to let her know how he feels, he ends up intercepted and essentially car-jacked by Vic (DAVE BAUTISTA), a cop with the L.A.P.D. who's just had LASIK surgery and thus can't see well enough to drive on his own. That comes to a head when he gets a call that an informant he's been dealing with -- in hopes of nabbing a criminal by the name of Teijo (IKO UWAIS) -- is in danger.
After driving Vic to that location, Stu thinks he's done and can be on his way, but Vic informs him that's not the case as he wants to avenge his late partner's death, even if that means he'll likely miss an art gallery show put on by his estranged adult daughter, Nicole (NATALIE MORALES). With Vic determined to catch the criminal, Stu ends up in situations that he'd really rather not be in.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of anyone in the cast or mismatched "buddy movies" might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout, some sexual references and brief graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.