(2019) (Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A young woman tries to ward off attempts by an evil leader to join him in overthrowing an even more powerful emperor, all while her rebel Resistance prepares once again to take on an intergalactic military dictatorship.
- In this ninth installment of the original "Star Wars" film series, Emperor Palpatine (IAN McDIARMID) has somehow returned from the dead and orders the evil ruler of the First Order, Kylo Ren (ADAM DRIVER), to find and kill Rey (DAISY RIDLEY), a young woman who went from being a scavenger to helping the rebel Resistance take on the intergalactic military dictatorship. Having been trained by the late Jedi master Luke Skywalker (MARK HAMILL), Rey is quite powerful in all things related to the Force, something not lost on Kylo Ren who actually wants her to join him on the Dark Side to overthrow Palpatine.
Still working for General Leia Organa (CARRIE FISHER), Rey wants no part of that and instead is interested in finding something Luke had long been searching for and ends up accompanied by impulsive fighter pilot Poe Dameron (OSCAR ISAAC), former stormtrooper turned Resistance fighter Finn (JOHN BOYEGA), and wookiee Chewbacca (JOONAS SUOTAMO), with some assistance from his and Leia's old friend, Lando Calrissian (BILLY DEE WILLIAMS).
With Palpatine having creating an enormous fleet of destroyers equipped with planet-killing laser cannons, Rey and her friends do what they can to stop both Kylo Ren and the emperor.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi violence and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.