(2019) (Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A young woman tries to ward off attempts by an evil leader to join him in overthrowing an even more powerful emperor, all while her rebel Resistance prepares once again to take on an intergalactic military dictatorship.
- In this ninth installment of the original "Star Wars" film series, Emperor Palpatine (IAN McDIARMID) has somehow returned from the dead and orders the evil ruler of the First Order, Kylo Ren (ADAM DRIVER), to find and kill Rey (DAISY RIDLEY), a young woman who went from being a scavenger to helping the rebel Resistance take on the intergalactic military dictatorship. Having been trained by the late Jedi master Luke Skywalker (MARK HAMILL), Rey is quite powerful in all things related to the Force, something not lost on Kylo Ren who actually wants her to join him on the Dark Side to overthrow Palpatine.
Still working for General Leia Organa (CARRIE FISHER), Rey wants no part of that and instead is interested in finding something Luke had long been searching for and ends up accompanied by impulsive fighter pilot Poe Dameron (OSCAR ISAAC), former stormtrooper turned Resistance fighter Finn (JOHN BOYEGA), and wookiee Chewbacca (JOONAS SUOTAMO), with some assistance from his and Leia's old friend, Lando Calrissian (BILLY DEE WILLIAMS).
With Palpatine having creating an enormous fleet of destroyers equipped with planet-killing laser cannons, Rey and her friends do what they can to stop both Kylo Ren and the emperor.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi violence and action.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.