(2019) (Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: After helping save the world, a young superhero hopes for some time away on vacation with his friends, but must contend with a new and unusual threat.
- Following the events of "Avengers: Endgame" where he helped other superheroes defeat Thanos and bring back half of the world's population, 16-year-old Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man (TOM HOLLAND), is still grieving the death of his mentor and friend, Tony Stark. That late superhero's former head of security, Happy Hogan (JON FAVREAU), informs him that the former head of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury (SAMUEL L. JACKSON), wants to talk to him about providing continued superhero protection for the world.
That's a timely request considering that monsters known as Elementals -- named for showing up in the form of air, water, fire, and Earth -- have been wreaking havoc in isolated parts of the world. And a superhero, Quentin Beck (JAKE GYLLENHAAL), who's fought them before in an alternate universe version of Earth and has recently arrived in this dimension, warns that the most dangerous of the monsters will soon arrive.
Peter, however, simply wants some downtime and is looking forward to a high school trip to Europe with his friends -- including MJ (ZENDAYA), Ned (JACOB BATALON) and Betty Brant (ANGOURIE RICE) -- other classmates such as Flash Thompson (TONY REVOLORI) and Brad Davis (REMY HII), and their teacher chaperones, Mr. Dell (JB SMOOVE) and Mr. Harrington (MARTIN STARR). After saying goodbye to Aunt May (MARISA TOMEI), Peter takes flight with the others but is quickly found by Nick Fury and his assistant, Maria Hill (COBIE SMULDERS), and after seeing one of the Elemental monsters in action, Peter reluctantly agrees to help.
But not all is as it seems and once that's revealed, Peter must contend with a new villain and save the day once again, all while hoping to tell MJ how he really feels about her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- I imagine many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action violence, some language and brief suggestive comments.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.