(2019) (Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A charter fishing boat captain gets a lucrative offer from his ex-wife to kill her abusive husband.
- Baker Dill (MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY) is a military veteran who now lives on Plymouth Island working as a charter fishing boat captain alongside his first mate, Duke (DJIMON HOUNSOU). When not providing bedroom services to Constance (DIANE LANE), he's otherwise obsessed with catching a huge tuna that's eluded him for some time, much to the occasional detriment of his business. His obsession with that has even drawn an outsider, Reid Miller (JEREMY STRONG), to seek him out with a device that might make his fishing dream of landing the big one a reality.
But he gets a more lucrative offer when his ex-wife, Karen (ANNE HATHAWAY), shows up in town. She's now married to Frank (JASON CLARKE), an uber-wealthy but abusive man, particularly when he's been drinking which is occurring more often. Karen worries about her safety and that of her and Baker's 13-year-old son, Patrick (RAFAEL SAYEGH), who lives with them and deals with the turmoil by staying in his room playing video games of his own design.
Accordingly, Karen tells Baker she'll pay him $10 million if he'll take Frank out for a day of fishing, get him drunk, and then send him overboard to the sharks. Baker initially wants no part of this, but considering his poor financial situation and worrying about his son, he begins to consider taking her up on her offer.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens and fans of anyone in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, sexual content, and some bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.