(2019) (Zoe Margaret Colletti, Michael Garza) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A small group of late 1960s era teens must contend with a haunted book that writes stories depicting each of their deaths.
- It's 1968 and Stella Nicholls (ZOE MARGARET COLLETTI) is a teen living in Mill Valley, Pennsylvania with her dad. She's mostly an introvert, but has close friends in Auggie Hilderbrandt (GABRIEL RUSH) and Chuck Steinberg (AUSTIN ZAJUR) and with it being Halloween, they decide to get even on the local bully, Tommy (AUSTIN ABRAMS), who's terrorized them for years. That eventually results in them running for cover in the local drive-in movie theater where they hop into Ramón Morales' (MICHAEL GARZA) car. He's an outsider trying to keep a low profile, especially from local cop Chief Turner (GIL BELLOWS).
When the evening's encounter with Tommy is done, Stella wonders if Ramón wants to see a haunted house and they all end up at the former Bellows mansion. Rumor has it that a kid died there, so the place has been boarded up, but the teens decide to enter anyway. Being a writer herself, Stella takes an old book once owned by young Sara Bellows who the family kept locked away in the basement. Legend has it that for anyone who asks Sara's spirit for a story, it will be the last one they hear.
They don't think much of that, but when Tommy ends up missing following a story in the book featuring a character also with that name, the teens become suspicious and concerned, although Auggie's older sister, Ruth (NATALIE GANZHORN), doesn't buy into any of it. That is, until something creepy happens to her. From that point on, and as they witness the book write new stories depicting their own deaths, the teens try to figure out how to stop that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into scary movies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror/violence, disturbing images, thematic elements, language including racial epithets, and brief sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.