(2019) (Taron Egerton, Jaime Bell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: While in AA, a world-famous musician recounts his early days, rise to success, and then battles with his various addictions.
- Arriving at an AA meeting, world-famous musician Elton John (TARON EGERTON) admits to his various addictions and then begins to recount his tale, including being a young musical prodigy named Reginald Dwight with an emotionally distant father, Stanley (STEVEN MACKINTOSH), and a hot and cold mother, Sheila (BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD). Years later, and upon meeting songwriter Bernie Taupin (JAMIE BELL), Elton flourishes, with local record producer Dick James (STEPHEN GRAHAM) getting the work of the two noticed.
With one of Dick's workers, Ray Williams (CHARLIE ROWE), accompanying them, they head off to Los Angeles where they make a big splash, including eventually impressing record producer John Reid (RICHARD MADDEN) who steals Elton away from Dick while also becoming Elton's lover. But Elton's growing fame results in a growing addiction to booze and drugs, all of which threatens to derail his career and his various personal and professional relationships.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of Elton John mostly likely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some drug use and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.