(2019) (Keanu Reeves, Alice Eve) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A neuroscientist replicates his family members who've been killed in a car accident.
- Will Foster (KEANU REEVES) is a neuroscientist working for Bionyne Labs in Puerto Rico. He leads a team, which includes cloning expert Ed (THOMAS MIDDLEDITCH), that's attempting to transfer all things brain-related from recently deceased donors into the heads of androids, those allowing those people to live on after bodily death. But while they're getting closer to succeeding, all of their experiments have failed so far, something that doesn't please their boss, Jones (JOHN ORTIZ).
While heading off for vacation at night, a chain reaction series of events leads to a single car accident that claims the lives the Will's family -- wife Mona (ALICE EVE) and their three kids, Sophie (EMILY ALYN LIND), Matt (EMJAY ANTHONY) and Zoe (ARIA LYRIC LEABU). Realizing he has no time to waste and not wanting to lose them, Will summons Ed to the accident scene where they transfer the consciousnesses of Mona and the kids onto hard drives.
While Ed worries about the many things that could go wrong, Will wants him to clone his family back to their state right before the accident, thus allowing Will the chance to transfer their consciousnesses into the replica bodies. From that point on, they must contend with the consequences of doing so.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into heady sci-fi stories may be interested, as might fans of Keanu Reeves or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic material, violence, disturbing images, some nudity and sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.