(2019) (Sylvester Stallone, Sergio Peris-Mencheta) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A Vietnam War vet sets out to rescue a teenager who's been kidnapped and sold into a Mexican sex-trafficking ring.
- Vietnam War vet John Rambo (SYLVESTER STALLONE) has seemingly finally put his violent overseas heroics to rest and now platonically lives on a horse ranch with a middle-aged woman, Maria Beltran (ADRIANA BARRAZA), and that woman's ward, teenager Gabrielle (YVETTE MONREAL) who's set to head off to college.
But first she wants to travel to Mexico to find her estranged father (MARCO DE LA O), who abandoned her years ago. John tries to talk her out of that, but she goes anyway and ends up kidnapped and sold into a sex-trafficking ring run by brothers Hugo Martinez (SERGIO PERIS-MENCHETA) and Victor Martinez (OSCAR JAENADA).
After he's beaten up by goons working for those men, he's nursed back to health by independent journalist Carmen Delgado (PAZ VEGA) who's been keeping dibs on the brothers and their operation, what with her sister having been one of their many victims. After rescuing Gabrielle, Rambo then lures the villains back to his farm to deliver some vengeful and gruesome retribution.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the other films in the "Rambo" franchise, anyone in the cast, or rah-rah films featuring Americans killing foreigners, they just might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong graphic violence, grisly images, drug use and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.