(2019) (John Cena, John Leguizamo) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A crew of four manly firefighters has to take care of a teenage girl and her kid siblings after rescuing them from a cabin fire.
- Jake (JOHN CENA) is a career firefighter who commands an elite squad of "Smoke Jumpers," who rappel into wildfire situations to rescue victims and help in containing the blazes. His team includes Mark (KEENAN-MICHAEL KEY), a former accountant-turned-fireman; Rodrigo (JOHN LEGUIZAMO), a former convicted criminal who's turned his life around having joined the department; and Axe (TYLER MANE), a hulking firefighter who carries an ax with him wherever he goes and communicates mostly with a series of grunts.
When Jake's boss, Commander Richards (DENNIS HAYSBERT), announces he will be retiring soon, Jake immediately dreams of succeeding him and fulfilling a dream his late father had for him to be the top boss. But this coincides with Jake and his crew having to care for three kids they recently rescued from a cabin fire who are without parents. Teenage Brynn (BRIANNA HILDEBRAND) has been caring for her two younger siblings, Will (CHRISTIAN CONVERY) and Zoey (FINLEY ROSE SLATER), hoping to avoid a foster care system that would surely separate them.
The longer the kids spend with the Smoke Jumpers, the more attached they get. Meanwhile, Jake carries on a tentative flirtation with a local wildlife expert, Dr. Amy Hicks (JUDY GREER). He feels the pull of a quieter domestic life. But he only knows firefighting and he wants badly to be Commander Richards' permanent replacement, which may not happen with Zoey's diapers to change and Will nearly destroying his station garage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Elementary school children and young teens may be attracted to its young supporting players, PG rating, and broad humor. Nickelodeon produced the film, and it's received heavy ad play on its cable channel popular with kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor, suggestive material, and mild peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.