(2019) (Jason Clark, Amy Seimetz) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: After discovering that a remote pet cemetery can bring dead animals back to life -- but not with the same temperament -- a grieving father makes a decision that might end up haunting him and others.
- Louis Creed (JASON CLARKE) is an ER doctor from Boston who's just moved to the small town of Ludlow with his wife, Rachel (AMY SEIMETZ), and their two kids, Elle (JETE LAURENCE) who's about to turn nine, and toddler Gage (HUGO LAVOIE & LUCAS LAVOIE), for a less hectic pace of life.
Not only do they meet their neighbor, Jud Crandall (JOHN LITHGOW), but they also learn that their large tract of land contains a pet cemetery used for generations. Louis ends up going there over the course of several nights, led by the spirit of a young college student, Victor Pascow (OBSSA AHMED), whose life he couldn't save following a bad injury.
When the family cat ends up killed by one of many large trucks that zoom by the property, Rachel doesn't want to tell Elle of its demise what with having a hang-up about death. She's still haunted by the death of her own sister, Zelda (ALYSSA BROOKE LEVINE), back when both were just girls. So, she and Louis come up with a lie that the cat ran away from home, and he and Jud head off to bury the cat in the pet cemetery. But knowing how much the cat meant to the girl, Jud has Louis bury the cat in another location, knowing what will happen.
And that is that the cat will come back from the dead, albeit not with the same temperament. As they deal with that and other supernatural occurrences, a tragedy strikes the family. All of which leads Louis in the predicament of making a tough decision that may haunt him and his family for the rest of their lives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror movies they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence, bloody images, and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.