(2019) (Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A late 1960s actor and his stunt double deal with possibly being left behind in the movie business, while a rising starlet is unaware that her path is about to intersect with a murderous cult.
- It's 1969 and Rick Dalton (LEONARDO DICAPRIO) is a Hollywood actor best known for having been the lead in the TV western "Bounty Law," but has since mostly been relegated to guest appearances on TV dramas playing the heavy. Accordingly, and especially since he's been warned about that by movie producer Marvin Schwarzs (AL PACINO), he's concerned that his career might be over.
But his stunt double, handyman, driver and best friend, Cliff Booth (BRAD PITT), tries to keep his spirits up. After all, none other than acclaimed film director Roman Polanski (RAFAL ZAWIERUCHA) has moved in next door with his actress wife, Sharon Tate (MARGOT ROBBIE), and if Cliff could just meet them, perhaps he'd be cast in the filmmaker's next movie.
At the same time, Cliff occasionally spots a teen hippie by the name of Pussycat (MARGARET QUALLEY) and eventually gives her a ride out to the former movie set where he once worked and where she and other followers of cult leader Charles Manson (DAMON HERRIMAN) live, including the likes of Tex (AUSTIN BUTLER) and Squeaky Fromme (DAKOTA FANNING). Little do any of them realize at that time that their paths will eventually cross in an extremely violent and disturbing way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of director Quentin Tarantino or anyone in the cast they might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some strong graphic violence, drug use, and sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.