<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2019) (Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A late 1960s actor and his stunt double deal with possibly being left behind in the movie business, while a rising starlet is unaware that her path is about to intersect with a murderous cult.
- It's 1969 and Rick Dalton (LEONARDO DICAPRIO) is a Hollywood actor best known for having been the lead in the TV western "Bounty Law," but has since mostly been relegated to guest appearances on TV dramas playing the heavy. Accordingly, and especially since he's been warned about that by movie producer Marvin Schwarzs (AL PACINO), he's concerned that his career might be over.
But his stunt double, handyman, driver and best friend, Cliff Booth (BRAD PITT), tries to keep his spirits up. After all, none other than acclaimed film director Roman Polanski (RAFAL ZAWIERUCHA) has moved in next door with his actress wife, Sharon Tate (MARGOT ROBBIE), and if Cliff could just meet them, perhaps he'd be cast in the filmmaker's next movie.
At the same time, Cliff occasionally spots a teen hippie by the name of Pussycat (MARGARET QUALLEY) and eventually gives her a ride out to the former movie set where he once worked and where she and other followers of cult leader Charles Manson (DAMON HERRIMAN) live, including the likes of Tex (AUSTIN BUTLER) and Squeaky Fromme (DAKOTA FANNING). Little do any of them realize at that time that their paths will eventually cross in an extremely violent and disturbing way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of director Quentin Tarantino or anyone in the cast they might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some strong graphic violence, drug use, and sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.