(2019) (Sophia Lillis, Laura Wiggins) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A teenage sleuth tries to solve the matter of a house that's reportedly haunted.
- Nancy Drew (SOPHIA LILLIS) is a 16-year-old, tomboyish amateur sleuth who moved to the town of River Heights with her lawyer father, Carson (SAM TRAMMELL), following the death of her mother, all to be closer to her aunt, Hannah (ANDREA ANDERS), and godfather, Nate (JON BRIDDELL). While her dad tries to keep a new rail line out of the town -- much to the disdain of various locals, such as Wharton (JESSE C. BOYD) -- Nancy enjoys spending time with her friends George (ZOE RENEE) and Bess (MACKENZIE GRAHAM).
When the latter is cyberbullied by high school jock and local rich kid Derek (EVAN CASTELLOE), Nancy decides they should get revenge and plans and pulls off an elaborate prank. Unfortunately for her, that results in damage to the school's locker room and thus gets her in hot water not only with her dad, but also Sheriff Marchbanks (JAY DEVON JOHNSON) who assigns her to perform a set amount of community service. During that, Nancy overhears an older local woman, Flora (LINDA LAVIN), complain that her house is haunted. With no help from the sheriff, Nancy decides to offer her amateur sleuthing skills to solve the matter despite Flora being the aunt to snobby rich girl, Helen (LAURA WIGGINS), who just so happens to be Derek's girlfriend.
With the occasional help from Deputy Patrick (ANDREW MATTHEW WELCH) and her friends, Nancy tries to figure out what's going on in Flora's house, with her initial investigation briefly making her think perhaps it is haunted. But knowing that everything has an explanation behind it, Nancy sets out to solve that mystery.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger teens and below might, especially if they're fans of the Nancy Drew character.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For peril, suggestive material, thematic elements and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.