(2019) (voices of Hugh Jackman, Zach Galifianakis) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Comedy/Adventure: A late 19th century explorer agrees to help Sasquatch find more of his kind in the Himalayas.
- It's the 1880s and Sir Lionel Frost (voice of HUGH JACKMAN) is an English explorer who's perpetually searching for mythical beasts, such as the Loch Ness Monster. He desires to earn admittance into Lord Piggot-Dunceby's (voice of STEPHEN FRY) high society Optimates Club of big game hunters, but all of them look down on him. Accordingly, when he receives a letter that the legendary Sasquatch has been sighted in Washington State, he travels there and finds the creature with a bet that if he does, Lord Piggot-Dunceby will allow him entry into his club.
It doesn't take Lionel long to find Mr. Link (voice of ZACH GALIFIANAKIS) who's revealed to be anything but a beast. While he has the appearance of a cross between a human and a huge hairy ape, he's polite, reserved and can speak, although he takes most everything Lionel says literally, including figures of speech.
But what Mr. Link most wants is for Lionel to take him to the Himalayas so that he can overcome his loneliness by being among the Yeti there. Knowing that a former fellow explorer had maps of that part of the world, Lionel takes Mr. Link to see that man's widow, Adelina Fortnight (voice of ZOE SALDANA), but she's initially reluctant to help, what with the two of them having had a relationship in the past. She eventually changes her mind but only on the condition that she come along for the expedition.
Having learned of Lionel's discovery and not wanting to lose the bet and have to admit him to his club, Lord Piggot-Dunceby hires hitman Willard Stenk (voice of TIMOTHY OLYPHANT) to locate Lionel and his find and kill both of them. Stenk repeatedly tries to do just that, but the unlikely trio manage to avoid him and continue their travels toward the Himalayas where they eventually meet the Yeti Ruler (voice of EMMA THOMPSON).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action/peril and some mild rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.