(2019) (Tessa Thompson, Chris Hemsworth) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: A young woman joins a secret organization that deals with extraterrestrials and must contend with the dangerous behavior and plans of some of those that have newly arrived on Earth.
- Ever since she was a little kid who encountered a small extraterrestrial in her bedroom and then saw Men in Black agents wipe her parents' memories of the event clean, Molly (TESSA THOMPSON) has been enamored with all things alien and MiB related. Years after looking for clues, she finally sees them in action, figures out where their headquarters is located, and waltzes into the place dressed in the usual attire and acting like she knows what she's doing.
She's captured but impresses Agent O (EMMA THOMPSON) enough that the MiB leader assigns her to the London bureau where she's to work for High T (LIAM NEESON). There are rumors that something is amiss there, no doubt stirred by Agent C (RAFE SPALL) believing that favored son Agent H (CHRIS HEMSWORTH) is coasting by on nothing more than a past "I saved the world" moment with High T a few years back. Nonetheless, Agent H is assigned to escort an alien royal member, Vungus the Ugly (KAYVAN NOVAK), during his stopover on Earth and Molly, now dubbed Agent M, talks her way into accompanying them.
But other aliens show up and kill Vungus, but not before he gives Agent M a small device that others now want, including intergalactic arms dealer Riza (REBECCA FERGUSON) who once dated Agent H. With the help of another tiny alien, Pawny (voice of KUMAIL NANJIANI), the MiB duo try to keep the device out of the hands of the villains.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of any of the previous three "Men in Black" films they might show some interest, as might those who are fans of the leads or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action, some language and suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.