(2019) (Octavia Spencer, Diane Silvers) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman invites teens to party in her basement, with them unaware of her ulterior motives.
- Maggie (DIANE SILVERS) is a 16-year-old who's just moved with her single mother, Erica (JULIETTE LEWIS), back to the latter's hometown where she went to high school with the likes of Ben (LUKE EVANS) who runs a security company; his girlfriend Mercedes (MISSI PYLE); and the woman they humiliated back then -- Sue Ann (OCTAVIA SPENCER) -- who now works for Dr. Brooks (ALLISON JANNEY) as a veterinary assistant and has a sick teenage daughter, Genie (TANYELL WAIVERS), who spends most of her time at home.
Maggie ends up joining a small circle of friends that includes Haley (McKALEY MILLER), Chaz (GIANNI PAOLO), Darrell (DANTE BROWN) and Ben's son, Andy (COREY FOGELMANIS). They like to party and end up getting Maggie to ask strangers to buy liquor for them. Most say no, but Sue Ann decides to comply, saying she used to drink with friends at the same remote location. That eventually leads to Sue Ann holding teen parties at her house, segueing between being a mother hen type chaperone to a wild partygoer herself.
But as those parties continue, some of the teen friends begin to feel uncomfortable with the situation, all of which causes Sue Ann to become clingy and eventually reveal her true, ulterior motives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into deranged killer type horror films might be interested, while the majority teen cast might draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent/disturbing material, language throughout, sexual content, and for teen drug and alcohol use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.