(2019) (Octavia Spencer, Diane Silvers) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman invites teens to party in her basement, with them unaware of her ulterior motives.
- Maggie (DIANE SILVERS) is a 16-year-old who's just moved with her single mother, Erica (JULIETTE LEWIS), back to the latter's hometown where she went to high school with the likes of Ben (LUKE EVANS) who runs a security company; his girlfriend Mercedes (MISSI PYLE); and the woman they humiliated back then -- Sue Ann (OCTAVIA SPENCER) -- who now works for Dr. Brooks (ALLISON JANNEY) as a veterinary assistant and has a sick teenage daughter, Genie (TANYELL WAIVERS), who spends most of her time at home.
Maggie ends up joining a small circle of friends that includes Haley (McKALEY MILLER), Chaz (GIANNI PAOLO), Darrell (DANTE BROWN) and Ben's son, Andy (COREY FOGELMANIS). They like to party and end up getting Maggie to ask strangers to buy liquor for them. Most say no, but Sue Ann decides to comply, saying she used to drink with friends at the same remote location. That eventually leads to Sue Ann holding teen parties at her house, segueing between being a mother hen type chaperone to a wild partygoer herself.
But as those parties continue, some of the teen friends begin to feel uncomfortable with the situation, all of which causes Sue Ann to become clingy and eventually reveal her true, ulterior motives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into deranged killer type horror films might be interested, while the majority teen cast might draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent/disturbing material, language throughout, sexual content, and for teen drug and alcohol use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.