(2019) (Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Forever changed by her 10-day stint in space, an astronaut tries to cope with her newfound perspective on her life and the world and the effect that has on her family life and career.
- NASA astronaut Lucy Cola (NATALIE PORTMAN) has recently completed a 10-day stint in orbit and returned a changed woman. Now experiencing space wanderlust and thinking life on Earth is small compared to the cosmos, she yearns to return, and promises her husband, Drew (DAN STEVENS), that after one more mission they can have a baby. Until then, their surrogate child is their 16-year-old niece, Blue Iris (PEARL AMANDA DICKSON), whose mother is dead while her dad is a deadbeat father.
Lucy's grandmother, Nana (ELLEN BURSTYN), tells the teen to watch and learn from Lucy, but little do they know that she's recently fallen for fellow astronaut Mark Goodwin (JON HAMM) who's now separated from his wife. And Lucy doesn't have a clue that he's also seeing another younger astronaut, Erin Eccles (ZAZIE BEETZ), who's in the running for a coveted spot on an upcoming Space Shuttle mission.
As Lucy gets deeper into her affair with Mark while she relentlessly pursues being assigned to that mission, her type-A personality leads to questionable decisions and behavior, all of which threatens to derail everything she's worked for, both professionally and personally.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those interested in the world of astronauts may show some interest, as might those who are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.