(2019) (Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: Affected by a past medical issue and being estranged from her family, a young woman's life turns around when she meets an optimistic young man who's determined to change her outlook on life.
- Kate (EMILIA CLARKE) is a 26-year-old woman who lives in London but has nowhere to stay, what with being kicked out by her roommate, her behavior making her a bad house guest for her friends, and being estranged from her parents, Petra (EMMA THOMPSON) and Ivan (BORIS ISAKOVIC), and sister, Marta (LYDIA LEONARD), all of whom she fled with from the former Yugoslavia when Kate was just a child.
An aspiring actress, she currently works in a year-round Christmas shop run by a woman she only knows as Santa (MICHELLE YEOH), but isn't happy there or with most any other aspect of her life, all going back to a serious medical condition from her past. But things change when she happens to meet Tom (HENRY GOLDING), a dashing, charming and optimistic young man who makes it his mission to change her outlook on life.
Yet, even as that works and she tries to reconnect with her family and begins volunteering at a local homeless shelter, her romantic longings for Tom end up in conflict with his long, initially unexplained absences.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of romantic comedies or anyone in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.