(2019) (Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: Affected by a past medical issue and being estranged from her family, a young woman's life turns around when she meets an optimistic young man who's determined to change her outlook on life.
- Kate (EMILIA CLARKE) is a 26-year-old woman who lives in London but has nowhere to stay, what with being kicked out by her roommate, her behavior making her a bad house guest for her friends, and being estranged from her parents, Petra (EMMA THOMPSON) and Ivan (BORIS ISAKOVIC), and sister, Marta (LYDIA LEONARD), all of whom she fled with from the former Yugoslavia when Kate was just a child.
An aspiring actress, she currently works in a year-round Christmas shop run by a woman she only knows as Santa (MICHELLE YEOH), but isn't happy there or with most any other aspect of her life, all going back to a serious medical condition from her past. But things change when she happens to meet Tom (HENRY GOLDING), a dashing, charming and optimistic young man who makes it his mission to change her outlook on life.
Yet, even as that works and she tries to reconnect with her family and begins volunteering at a local homeless shelter, her romantic longings for Tom end up in conflict with his long, initially unexplained absences.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of romantic comedies or anyone in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.