(2019) (Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Having broken the rules of his assassin world, a formerly retired hitman tries to make things right with those in power above him, all while avoiding a slew of people who want him dead for the bounty on his head.
- Having broken the rules of his assassin world by killing another hitman on neutral territory in New York's The Continental hotel, John Wick (KEANU REEVES) has been declared "excommunicado" from the establishment -- and the resources and privileges that come with that -- by its owner, Winston (IAN McSHANE). But that man gives John a one-hour head start to try to stay one step ahead of the many real and would-be assassins desirous of collecting the $14 million bounty on his head.
His actions have resulted in the appearance of The Adjudicator (ASIA KATE DILLON) from the High Table (a council of high-level crime lords) who gives both Winston and another crime lord, the Bowery King (LAURENCE FISHBURNE), seven days to get their affairs in order. She also assigns sushi-chef assassin Zero (MARK CADASCOS) to find and kill John who's already gone to meet the Director (ANGELICA HUSTON), a Russian ballet director and High Table official, in hopes of clearing his name.
That leads to him traveling to Casablanca where he meets up with Sofia (HALLE BERRY), an assassin who isn't pleased to see him but owes him a favor for him having previously gotten her daughter out of harm's way. All of which results in John meeting one High Table official after another and then his final assignment -- to kill Winston back at The Continental where that crime figure and his concierge, Charon (LANCE REDDICK), await what they realize is going to be a bloodbath of a battle.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first two "John Wick" films that's a definite yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive strong violence, and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.