(2019) (Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: After receiving a bump to the head a woman who doesn't believe in romantic comedies suddenly finds herself stuck inside one.
- Natalie (REBEL WILSON) is a thirty-something woman who's never bought into the fairy tale aspect of romantic comedies, what with her mom having taught her that stories like that don't happen to people like them. She makes sure to point that out to her assistant, Whitney (BETTY GILPIN), who watches such movies at work, an architectural firm where many of the employees don't take Natalie seriously despite being an architect.
That is, except for Whitney as well as coworker Josh (ADAM DEVINE) who Natalie believes is always staring at a large billboard outside her office window that features swimsuit model Isabella (PRIYANKA CHOPRA). Even their newest client, Blake (LIAM HEMSWORTH), views Natalie as the coffee girl rather than someone who will be drawing designs for his latest project. Things change for her when she runs face-first into a pillar while trying to ward off a thief. She ends up in the hospital where the hunky doctor seems too good to be true, but she's in for a bigger surprise when she returns home to find her modest apartment now all swanky.
Whitney is suddenly her in-office enemy, uber-rich Blake is now smitten with Natalie and she has a new gay best friend in Donny (BRANDON SCOTT JONES), and Josh ends up saving Isabella and they become an item. From all of that, Natalie realizes she's somehow stuck inside a real-life romantic comedy that includes her hearing her own voice-over narration and people breaking into spontaneous dance numbers. From that point on, and in true genre form, she begins to realize that Josh is actually the man for her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into romantic comedies or are fans of anyone in the cast they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language, some sexual material, and a brief drug reference.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.