(2019) (Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: After receiving a bump to the head a woman who doesn't believe in romantic comedies suddenly finds herself stuck inside one.
- Natalie (REBEL WILSON) is a thirty-something woman who's never bought into the fairy tale aspect of romantic comedies, what with her mom having taught her that stories like that don't happen to people like them. She makes sure to point that out to her assistant, Whitney (BETTY GILPIN), who watches such movies at work, an architectural firm where many of the employees don't take Natalie seriously despite being an architect.
That is, except for Whitney as well as coworker Josh (ADAM DEVINE) who Natalie believes is always staring at a large billboard outside her office window that features swimsuit model Isabella (PRIYANKA CHOPRA). Even their newest client, Blake (LIAM HEMSWORTH), views Natalie as the coffee girl rather than someone who will be drawing designs for his latest project. Things change for her when she runs face-first into a pillar while trying to ward off a thief. She ends up in the hospital where the hunky doctor seems too good to be true, but she's in for a bigger surprise when she returns home to find her modest apartment now all swanky.
Whitney is suddenly her in-office enemy, uber-rich Blake is now smitten with Natalie and she has a new gay best friend in Donny (BRANDON SCOTT JONES), and Josh ends up saving Isabella and they become an item. From all of that, Natalie realizes she's somehow stuck inside a real-life romantic comedy that includes her hearing her own voice-over narration and people breaking into spontaneous dance numbers. From that point on, and in true genre form, she begins to realize that Josh is actually the man for her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into romantic comedies or are fans of anyone in the cast they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language, some sexual material, and a brief drug reference.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.