(2019) (Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A number of strip club dancers band together to steal money from men.
- Destiny (CONSTANCE WU) is the new exotic dancer at Manhattan's Moves, a high-end strip joint that caters to the full spectrum of Wall Street investors who are flush with cash in 2007. It's not long before veteran dancer Ramona (JENNIFER LOPEZ) takes Destiny under her wing, teaches her the tricks of the trade, and makes money alongside her. But then the economic recession hits in 2008, Destiny ends up having a baby, and she and Ramona drift apart.
A few years later and desperate for work, Destiny returns to Moves only to find the place no longer the cash machine it once was. But she runs into Ramona who's still making money privately entertaining men alongside fellow dancers Mercedes (KEKE PALMER) and Annabelle (LILI REINHART). With experience that drunk or high men will spend exorbitant amounts of cash on them, Ramona proposes that they be proactive in such regards and it's not long before the four women -- eventually joined by a few others such as coke-head Dawn (MADELINE BREWER) -- are spiking various men's drinks with ecstasy and then maxing out their credit cards while they're impaired.
In the aftermath of that criminal activity, Destiny ends up being interviewed by a reporter, Elizabeth (JULIE STILES), who's doing a story on the women and their ploy to take control of their own lives and the lecherous behavior of men.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of anyone in the cast might be interested, while the female stripper angle might prove enticing to teenage boys.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive sexual material, drug content, language and nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.