<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2019) (Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A number of strip club dancers band together to steal money from men.
- Destiny (CONSTANCE WU) is the new exotic dancer at Manhattan's Moves, a high-end strip joint that caters to the full spectrum of Wall Street investors who are flush with cash in 2007. It's not long before veteran dancer Ramona (JENNIFER LOPEZ) takes Destiny under her wing, teaches her the tricks of the trade, and makes money alongside her. But then the economic recession hits in 2008, Destiny ends up having a baby, and she and Ramona drift apart.
A few years later and desperate for work, Destiny returns to Moves only to find the place no longer the cash machine it once was. But she runs into Ramona who's still making money privately entertaining men alongside fellow dancers Mercedes (KEKE PALMER) and Annabelle (LILI REINHART). With experience that drunk or high men will spend exorbitant amounts of cash on them, Ramona proposes that they be proactive in such regards and it's not long before the four women -- eventually joined by a few others such as coke-head Dawn (MADELINE BREWER) -- are spiking various men's drinks with ecstasy and then maxing out their credit cards while they're impaired.
In the aftermath of that criminal activity, Destiny ends up being interviewed by a reporter, Elizabeth (JULIE STILES), who's doing a story on the women and their ploy to take control of their own lives and the lecherous behavior of men.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of anyone in the cast might be interested, while the female stripper angle might prove enticing to teenage boys.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive sexual material, drug content, language and nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.