(2019) (voices of Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Adventure: A young man tries to protect his pet dragon from a dragon slayer who's intent on killing it.
- With the passing of his father and having now been reunited with his mother, Valka (voice of CATE BLANCHETT), young twenty-something Hiccup (voice of JAY BARUCHEL) is the ruler of the Viking island of Berk. Having previously proved to the Vikings -- including his late father's right-hand man Gobber (voice of CRAIG FERGUSON) -- that people and dragons can peacefully coexist, Hiccup and others -- including his girlfriend Astrid (voice of AMERICA FERRERA), obnoxious fraternal twins Ruffnut (voice of KRISTEN WIIG) and Toughnut (voice of JUSTIN RUPPLE), Fishlegs (voice of CHRISTOPHER MINTZ-PLASSE) and Snoutlout (voice of JONAH HILL) -- routinely rescue dragons and bring them back to their island where Hiccup's rare Night Fury dragon Toothless is their king.
But during their last rescue mission, they failed to spot another Night Fury, and longtime dragon slayer Grimmel (voice of F. MURRAY ABRAHAM) intends to use that female to lure in Toothless so that he can finally finish off the last of their kind. After a perilous run-in with that villain, Hiccup decides they must move Toothless and the other dragons to a hidden world his father once spoke of and where the dragons will be safe forever.
No one knows if that place is real, however, and while trying to protect Toothless from Grimmel and his ferocious Deathgripper dragons, Hiccup must come to grips with the fact that he might have to say goodbye to his beloved dragon forever.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're fans of the previous two films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For adventure action and some mild rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.