(2019) (Dev Patel, Armie Hammer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Various people try to survive a terrorist attack in Mumbai and the taking over of its legendary hotel.
- It's late November 2008 and the staff of Mumbai's Taj Mahal Palace Hotel -- including waiter Arjun (DEV PATEL) and his boss, head chef Hemant Oberoi (ANUPAM KHER) -- are preparing for the arrival of their latest guests. Among them are Zahra (NAZANIN BONIADI) and her American husband David (ARMIE HAMMER) who are showing up with their newborn child and nanny, Sally (TILDA COBHAM-HERVEY), while wealthy Russian businessman Vasili (JASON ISAACS) is there for less family-friendly reasons.
Unbeknownst to them, a small group of young Muslim men -- including Imran (AMANDEEP SINGH), Ajmal (KAPIL KUMAR NETRA), Abdullah (SUHAIL NAYYAR) and a number of others -- have covertly boated into the city and begun a terrorist attack on various locales, including the local train station. Aussie backpackers Bree (NATASHA LIU BORDIZZO) and Eddie (ANGUS McLAREN) end up caught in one such attack, but manage to escape and head to the hotel for safety, unaware that it's yet another target.
When the gunfire breaks out there Zahra and David worry about Sally and their baby who are several floors above them in their suite, while Bree and Eddie once again find themselves in the crossfire of the attack. Realizing they must protect their guests, Arjun and Hemant then do what they can to get the survivors to safety, all while the local police force finds itself ill-prepared for such an attack, with military forces hours away from arriving to deal with the situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, especially if they're fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violence throughout, bloody images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.