(2019) (Dev Patel, Armie Hammer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Various people try to survive a terrorist attack in Mumbai and the taking over of its legendary hotel.
- It's late November 2008 and the staff of Mumbai's Taj Mahal Palace Hotel -- including waiter Arjun (DEV PATEL) and his boss, head chef Hemant Oberoi (ANUPAM KHER) -- are preparing for the arrival of their latest guests. Among them are Zahra (NAZANIN BONIADI) and her American husband David (ARMIE HAMMER) who are showing up with their newborn child and nanny, Sally (TILDA COBHAM-HERVEY), while wealthy Russian businessman Vasili (JASON ISAACS) is there for less family-friendly reasons.
Unbeknownst to them, a small group of young Muslim men -- including Imran (AMANDEEP SINGH), Ajmal (KAPIL KUMAR NETRA), Abdullah (SUHAIL NAYYAR) and a number of others -- have covertly boated into the city and begun a terrorist attack on various locales, including the local train station. Aussie backpackers Bree (NATASHA LIU BORDIZZO) and Eddie (ANGUS McLAREN) end up caught in one such attack, but manage to escape and head to the hotel for safety, unaware that it's yet another target.
When the gunfire breaks out there Zahra and David worry about Sally and their baby who are several floors above them in their suite, while Bree and Eddie once again find themselves in the crossfire of the attack. Realizing they must protect their guests, Arjun and Hemant then do what they can to get the survivors to safety, all while the local police force finds itself ill-prepared for such an attack, with military forces hours away from arriving to deal with the situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, especially if they're fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violence throughout, bloody images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.