(2019) (David Harbour, Milla Jovovich) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror: A half-demon superhero joins forces with others to try to stop a recently resurrected ancient sorceress from wiping out humanity.
- Hellboy (DAVID HARBOUR) is a half-demon superhero who works for the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense alongside his father, Professor Broom (IAN McSHANE), who adopted him following a WWII Nazi supernatural experiment that went awry.
The Bureau's latest concern is that a boar monster who Hellboy previously dealt with, Gruagach (voiced by STEPHEN GRAHAM, motion capture performance by DOUGLAS TAIT), is actively trying to find all of the parts belonging to Nimue the Blood Queen (MILLA JOVOVICH) and put her back together again.
She was a 6th-century sorceress who was defeated and dismembered by none other than King Arthur who had his men bury her various body parts across England. Gruagach is getting closer to finishing his work and desires to get revenge on Hellboy who finds himself teamed with medium Alice Monaghan (SASHA LANE) and M11 agent Ben Daimio (DANIEL DAE KIM). With Queen Nimue intent on wiping out most of humanity, Hellboy and his companions try to stop that from happening.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the Hellboy comics or previous movies, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence and gore throughout, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.